Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I just served by my ex-wife at the Superior Court of Ontario

Customer Question

Hello
I just served by my ex-wife at the Superior Court of Ontario for divorce and custody, the urgent motion was deemed not urgent by the judge today. However, I noticed several major and deliberate lies in her affidavit. I dug out all evidence that proves these lies what can I do in family court and do I have the right to sue for fraud in the mae claims court, and/or any other course of action? When possible kindly quote the tort. Thank you.
M
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You cannot sue in civil court. This is a family law matter.

You can seek a finding of perjury from the court.

Or you can use this to attack your former spouse's credibility when you are back in Court. If she has lied under oath and you can prove this, you gain a very strong upper hand.