Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I had an separation order dated Jun 2003 -- where the child

Customer Question

I had an separation order dated Jun 2003 -- where the child support amount was set $476 ($259(support) + $217 (child Care))/monthly-- My ex and I have since worked out another amount as my employment status changed. In Dec 2013 we worked out an arrangement for a new amount of $300/monthly -- but I had to take a pay cut and got injured and asked if an adjusted amount of $240/monthly. I am not faced with an FRO order and they are asking for $476/monthly. I now have two other children with my partner and my finances are not the great as I am on disability right now. How much would I need to pay her and what is the process involved in getting this sorted out?
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What is your gross annual income at this point? Is there one child?Does the child live with your ex for at least 60% of the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello my gross annual income is about $58000.
I have one child with my ex he lives with her 100% he visits some times about once or twice a month for one night.I have two other children with my current partner. We all live together.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Based on your gross annual income you are required to pay the child's mother $527.00 a month. If you are saying that your income is now less because you are on disability let me know what your income actually is now. So, if your income is actually $58,000 your best next step would be to pay what the FRO wants because otherwise you will have to pay more. I am sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for but of course you need an accurate answer.