Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My question is a a father what custody rights do I have

Customer Question

Hi my question is a a father what custody rights do I have I work she doesnt she has been out of the house for 1 week and I have the child she comes to the house looks after thechild during the day and packs but when I come home from work she leaves for the nite and I provide dinner and all the essentials for our child yesterday I had work and she didnt show up til 1 pm so I could not work cause I havnt set up daycare yet I would like full custody with her to hve visitation is that possible
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is possible. A father's rights are the same as a mother's. If she is not taking care of the child in a responsible way and isn't showing up so you can work this will help you if this goes to court.I suggest you keep track of all you do and all she does but also what she is supposed to do but then does not do it. And you should consult with a family lawyer as soon as possible, face to face.