How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 97498
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The last communication I had with a lawyer was about EPCOR

Customer Question

The last communication I had with a lawyer was about EPCOR sending us bills without us consuming any power. The answer from the lawyer was "How ca they bill you without using the service"? Now, What should we do to stop it?" In my last communication with
EPCOR, the lady clerk was clear about us not being allow to discontinue the service while we are away. She said we will have to pay each month for the service. When I asked how much we will have to pay, she said she could not tell. When we are away, we are
not consuming and should not pay for a consumption.. We are going back to Mongolia on August 4 and we near to clear this out before we leave. Johanne Johanne
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you send a letter to the head office of EPCOR stating that you are hereby terminating your service with them and want a letter confirming receipt of your letter and acknowledging the termination of the services. I don't see how they can tell you that you cannot terminate services. When you come back home you can contact them again and say that you would like to start a new service with them.

Related Canada Family Law Questions