Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I was sent a letter from fro saying I owe them $400 from

Customer Question

Hello I was sent a letter from fro saying I owe them $400 from a case that was going on in 2003 and the judgement was in favor to me i won the case . A lady accuse me of fathering he child it went to court fro was there and judge dismissed it now 11yrs later there r asking me for 400 dollars what do I do or how do I deal with this . I have no documents around who keep paper for 11 yrs .thanks
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can get a copy of the Judgment from the courthouse. The court does keep the files. The file may be in the archives now but the clerk can either get the file for you or else will tell you how to get it. Then you can get a copy of the judgment and then provide it to the FRO.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would they send me a letter after all these year and I called the fro office and left message and no one got back to me yet what should be my next move. My wife is not talking to me she thinks I'm hiding something cause the letter was saying child support and I never payed a penny I won in court .can I sue them for all the grieve they r causing
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any idea why they would send you this letter. I already explained what your next move should be. You need to get a copy of the judgment and provide it to the FRO. No you will not be able to sue the FRO successfully so I don't think you should spend time thinking about that.