Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

This is in reference to my query sent on June 25. 27 June

Customer Question

This is in reference to my query sent on June 25. 27 June 2015 10:12 1) What is importance of waiving ILA, it was signed in March and in 3 months her lawyer is alleging it is void in absence on ILA. If it is so easy to call separation agreement void government
should make ILA mandatory. 2) I am permanent resident of Canada, my family is Canadian . I was married in China, can I get a divorce in China. 3) I have dependent parents in China, can judge consider them as dependent on me financially like my children.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
The law is made by judges as well as by the legislature and judge-made law shows us that ILA is needed for all types of domestic contracts.
It is not necessarily void but it is possible that the court will set it aside.
Please start two new posts for questions 2 and 3 as they are about different issues so I cannot answer them here.