Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

My ex and I have three children and we have shared parenting.

Customer Question

My ex and I have three children and we have shared parenting. How ever my ex was stating that our 15 yr old wanted to live primarily with him. The courst granted me permission to get our children a lawyer. I did, took our children twice, both times all three came back with the answer, we like it 50/50. My ex not accepting that then just took our 15 to see the lawyer and all of the sudden his mind changed. So anyway he now lives with his dad primarily. However one of the conditions was if he was late for school 3 times or more in a month it goes back to 50/50. Both mine and my ex's lawyers and the childrens lawyer all agreed to this prior to the interm order being drawn up. Back in December my son was late more then three times, we had a group meeting with all lawyers, and the childrens lawyer now say's "oh as long as he's getting to school". the issue was his lates from his dads place that's why it was drawn up. I let it go, now he has been late 3 times +s in two different months. I want the order to come into effect and im being told its not a big deal. My question is, can I enforce that order? my son really doesn't care either way..
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What province is this please?How old is he now? I cannot tell when this order was made.