Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Iam 63 years old ,i don"t have a job right now ,i want to

Customer Question

hi iam 63 years old ,i don"t have a job right now ,i want to divorce my wife of 33 year,we don"t love ,respect each other for along time ,our children are all grown up ,all univerty gradutes and living on their own lives.my wife doesn't want to divorce me because she has money in the bank and big savings in rrsp ,aswell bigpension plan.what should i do i cannot afford to pay lawyer.Please i need your help...
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What province do you live in?Is there a house in your name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
edmonton alberta, yes but i transfer it to your oldest daugther ,when i file bankcrucy last year for no financial consederatio
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the arrangement is i will get it back as soon as the bankcrucy is over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can i do ?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Then you will be able to get legal aid. You have no income and don't have any major assets. So contact your local legal aid office tomorrow and ask how to apply for a legal aid certificate. And while it may be that you won't be able to get this divorce on an uncontested basis, you can get divorced of course and you will share in the value of all assets that were acquired during the marriage whether you spouse wants that to happen or not. So while you feel like you have no income or hope now that is not the case.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to make phone calls. My law society does not permit this as you are not my client. I am sorry about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can i get a legal aid ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help me to have a second chance in life
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Here is their contact information: http://www.legalaid.ab.ca/contact/Pages/default.aspx