Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I want to sponsor my wife to canada

Customer Question

i want to sponsor my wife to canada
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has syrian nationality, but i do work as a family physician with very good position in Canada..
what are the steps, and can i get her visitor visa while awaiting for her sponsorship for residency?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once you are approved as a sponsor your spouse's application will be processed.
She will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.
Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms:
She can try to get a visitor's visa. This is sometimes approved so long as she can show strong ties to back home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you help giving more hints how to show strong ties?
and what about if i myself is her sponsor here in Canada, and would show my own bank account which is very good position to bear her visit expenses.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but is it required to prove that she will be back home if she's supposed to live in future in Canada with her husband??
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes because she cannot enter Canada as a visitor with the intention of remaining. So she cannot come as a visitor if she is planning to move to Canada when she enters. She has to show a job, a home, ties to the community etc.