Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I am going to have a warrant a no contact order

Customer Question

i am going to have a warrant for breaching a no contact order with the mother of my children. Contact was only possible in regards ***** ***** children. My po is only pushing it through because the mother insists on testifying. I haven't seen my children in 10 weeks. It has been a hostile separation and I believe this is retaliation for a recent favourable financial order in my favour.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
What exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I want to know the most likely outcome for a first breach of a no contact order in a peace bond. I am 10 months into a twelve month probation where I've completed anger management, I was late to one probation meeting and otherwise followed the order to the letter. My po says it was not a major infraction, and there was certainly no threats made . Most likely just frustration coming out from continued denied access. I am securing council later in the week but I'm anxious. I am hoping that the peace bond won't be withdrawn. I'd easily agree to an order with no contact of any kind as I've never had my ex agree to a single request in 15 months.
If you have no criminal record and are otherwise of good behaviour, and if you are employed or seeking education (i.e. 'productive member of society'), then may be able to get off with a conditional discharge (i.e. finding of guilt but no criminal conviction).
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.