Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

If I have received a gift from someone who purchased this with

Customer Question

if I have received a gift from someone who purchased this with monies obtained fraudulently can the bank whom he defrauded take my gift
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What type of gift is this?How would the bank know what he did with the money?How much money?What province is this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gift was a motorhome and part of our mutual seperation agreement about 245K the giver obtained a loan from the bank for a motorhome and the giver presented the bank with an invalid / made up bill of sale for a non exsitant motorhome He them took the loan money and bought me a different motorhome which the bank out about because he defauled on the loan and the tried to verify serial number etc with the selling company which was the same on both bill;s of sale the made up one and the actaul one
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
So are you saying there is no security to the bank loan and he defaulted so you are worried they will be able to seize this motorhome?Was this actual a gift or was it part of the division of assets that was necessary because your marriage ended?