Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Ok need answer i need a lawyer on this when the crisis center

Customer Question

ok need answer i need a lawyer on this when the crisis center so messed up.. my son who is mentally ill and been dealing with this for years i seen this on court records and i wont back down on this .. i asked why last week i was gonna be a guardian advoacte and now im not i talked to the social worker well they messed this up stressed my family bigtime ........ and its cause the one number they tried to call was a worker there. i am going tomorrow to ask for a copy if not ill make sure i go monday to the courthouse. they trying to cover this up.. i need a real lawyer i have lots of proofs ofmess ups
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just paid and noone will help me?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I think no one answered as the facts and question are unclear.
If your son is an adult and you want to become his legally guardian because he is not competent then what you have to do is apply to the court for an order declaring him incompetent(you will need to provide medical expert evidence) and for an order declaring you to be his legal guardian.
Then you will have the right to make decisions about is care and his finances.