Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My ex has now filed our separation agreement with the court.

Customer Question

My ex has now filed our separation agreement with the court. I recieved an enforcement order to pay back child support. My child is STILL not registered in school but continues to work full time. He tried to collect EI from Dec. through April but was short 2 weeks of hours. Does she need to give me notice or serve me once she has filed the agreement with the court? I understand I need to file a motion to change support now?
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me. She does not need to give you notice when seeking to enforce the agreement by filing it with the court. You do have to bring a motion to change as your next step.