Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

I was arrested of Friday for the first time on what i'm

Customer Question

hello I was arrested of Friday for the first time on what i'm calling "fantasy or made up charges' witch where 2 counts of assault and 1 of uttering threats. my 2 part question is (part 1) I know of the 1 defendant has been in breach of a restraining order against him more times than I can count am I still aloud to legally call him in on the breach in his restraining order? (part 2) the other defendant has been forcing or threatening to harm me with a weapon if I refused to put on restraints ( handcuffs and leg irons ) after the kids are in bed and she's kept me like that for the last 2 months or until Tuesday after I was told to leave the house by the ministry of child and family development am I still allowed to call those charges in and would I at that poi t have any negotiation pull to possibly drop all charges with said party as the one is my wife?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is in British Columbia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: only from the holding cells
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

I just realized this involves the law of Canada. I will opt out for someone in Canada to help you.