ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years litigation experience in family, criminal, and civil law
17441061

When I get the proceeding transcript from the court(in order

Customer Question

When I get the proceeding transcript from the court(in order to appeal the decision of the low court),I found the hearing proceeding record(voice record or audio)had been edited,what can I do?
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Where did you get the transcripts from?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
from J.C. WordAssist Ltd.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
by the way ,I want you provid me a proof that:During Oct~Dec,2015,I(TEL(###) ###-####EMAIL***@******.***)had asked for the advice for the rent unit,And the lawyer,you, had given me his answer:"That lease is a binding contract and the landlord cannot change its terms unless you agree".And"The lease you first signed gave you the right to continue as a month-to-month tenant and the landlord cannot breach this contract."Please connect me how to provide that proof to me.The proof maybe hand in to the court if it is necessary.Thank you!

Are you saying that a professional court reported edited transcripts and they are not accurate?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I told them voice record or audio of the proceeding is edited by somebody.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they add something which is not say in the hearing.

Then ask to get a copy of the voice recording as that cannot be edited.

And if they don't agree then tell the judge you want the judge to order this.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
J.C. WordAssist Ltd said to me they had checked the voice record or audio,it is same as the edited one
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
even if I order the copy of the voice record or audio,they give me the edited one.

Tell them to provide you with a copy or else you will ask the court to order them to do so.

They cannot edit an audio record and add something in. That would be caught and it would be fraud.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ask which court?the low court of hearing proceeding?

Yes you should try that first.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But the high court order me must provid the transcript before 16th.I still hand in the high court the edited transcipt?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I can not hand in before 16th,I can not appeal the decision.

Hand in the transcripts. Then provide a sworn affidavit stating what has happened and that you are trying to get the audio recording.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where I do a sworn affidavit.this is criminal case,no affidavit

I am suggesting you include one with your transcripts that you are saying are not accurate.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just write a paper by myself that the transcript is edited?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hand in this paper with the edited transcript?

You can type it out yourself but I am suggesting that you have it sworn.

This is very complex and it is very hard to self-represent.

You will do better in terms of your chances if you can retain a lawyer to at least advise you while you self-represent.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
some lawyer cheating me.I had exprienced.
and I need your proof that I had asked lawyer about my renting unit.
They use landlord lawyer's letter say I was illegal.So need your proof to against them.

I don't know what you mean.

This question is about the transcripts and I answered you.

I don't know what you mean about proof of anything but I am not your lawyer and can only answer online.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I asked your advice on line.
I am in BC of Canada.I rent the landlord's a room,sharing the ki...
05 October 2015 02:35 | Canada Law
Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can seach it.I just you can give me a proof that you give me the advice about my rent unit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had take the picture of that question.But that can not be acceptable evidence .

I don't give advice. I just provide legal information.

My answer cannot be presented in court. It is just information provided to you by a lawyer online. It is not proof or evidence at all.

Please rate this post now as it is only about the transcript and we have covered that issue very fully.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You misunderstand.You can proof you had give the lehal information on line.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You can proof you had give the legal information on line.I do not mean you are my presented lawyer.I asked the question,and you answer it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
about the transcipt,I write a paper with edited transcript to the high court,what will the high court will do.The low will not say they add something because the people who do that will be caught.If the high court deny the low court edited the transcript,how to do ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
LIke I had said ,they dare to edit the audio record,they dare to deny they had done it.And they give everybody's audio record is the edited one.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as if ,from beginning,the landlord,the policemen,the court are making trap to me.

Information provided to you by a lawyer is not evidence in court. It has no relevance to the court.

And it doesn't make sense that the court is making a trap for you.

It could be that the police are siding with the landlord but why would a Judge risk their career for something like this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
why the transcript had been added?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I said I just want you prove :I aked the question ,you answer me.YOu are not my lawyer!

I don't know and that is why you need to get the audio one.

Then take a screen shot of the conversation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Then take a screen shot of the conversation?what does it mean,with who?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
because I appeal their decision to the high court,They want the high court dismiss my appeal,so they add the transcript
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they had been on a line:to let me be a criminal !

A screen shot is done on your computer and you take a picture of your computer. You can google how to do that.

I don't see why someone not related to the issue would change the transcripts.

But I cannot help with that anymore than I have already. I have already suggested all I can think of.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
34;A screen shot is done on your computer and you take a picture of your computer."this is for my question and your answer of the rent unit?

You seem to think you have to prove we had this conversation so that is how you can prove it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
about the transcript,How can I prove they are edited,only I say to the high court?

By getting the audio recording. I have no more suggestions.

I have to stop now so please rate me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the low court will provid me the edited audio,the company had checked it.

Then I don't know what more to do.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can apply the court to identify if the audio had been edited?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can apply the high court to identify if the audio had been edited?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you do not give me the way to resolve this matter.There should be a way to identify .

I have been online off and on with you for hours. I am just a lawyer. I don't know about conspiracies with police and courts and I don't know what to do about an edited transcript of a hearing. I don't have anything more to add.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there should be a department to deal with this thing ,not only the high court,should be a administra department,and there is still administra law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you are lawyer,you should know the administra law .It belongs to that law

As I said, there is nothing I can help with this. I just don't know as I never heard of it happening before. It has never happened to me. But I do have to walled off right now.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you transfer to the lawyer who know how to deal with this matter?
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm sorry that you didn't get very far with LegalEase. Perhaps I can help.

So just to be clear, you have heard the audio of the court proceedings that you're trying to appeal? Or have you not heard it yourself?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I experienced ,I know what they had said during the hearing.

I get that. And I'm not saying that your memory is wrong. But you haven't heard the tapes, right?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you means somebody give that company the wrong voice record,not court?

No, I'm not saying that at all.

What I'm saying is this: when a court reporter or transcription service makes a transcript of a recording, it goes back to court. If the judge wants to, they can edit the transcript "for clarity".

I've had judges who knew that I was appealing their decision edit their own transcripts to take out some of the more offensive or off the wall comments. Then I get the transcript, and the judges comments which formed the basis of my appeal (usually on appearance of bias), well those comments suddenly aren't there any more. Big surprise.

You need to get the transcript filed. You have it, file it. But file it with an affidavit, and if you can a motion as well. The affidavit will say under oath that you recall the comments at court to be different from the transcript. The motion should ask for production of the original recording and unedited transcript.

You're treading on some toes here, for sure. You can tell by the judicial editing. So please, if you have any ability to, hire a lawyer. Even if it's only to help you with the paperwork, then you know that it's done right. That shouldn't cost much and is good value for the money.

Does that make sense? Anything else to discuss?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If the judge bully me.He edit it ,that is still noemal things?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If the crown cheat me about the disclosue,they edit it ,it is normal?

That's likely what happened. The judge edited the transcript of the recording made in their own court before you got it.

The crown has nothing to do with editing a transcript. It's the judge.

Maybe the judge realized that he or she should have been harder on the Crown, and now the judge has edited the transcript.

This isn't a grand conspiracy. It's most likely one judge trying to cover their ass.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3 diffrent hearing transcript had been edited.Why?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not only one!

I don't know. I wasn't there and I don't know what happened or what edits were made or what the judge was trying to accomplish by the editing.

But I think you have your answer now. Is there anything else to discuss? If not may I please have a positive service rating now? Ratings are how I get credit from the site for helping its customers. I'd appreciate it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not finish.You srill did not tell me how to deal with it .only hear the audio is not the result.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Which department I should go?

You have to bring a motion asking for the unedited transcript and for a copy of the audio record made in court. You need a judge's order for that.

Gt a lawyer to help you with that paperwork so that you know it's done right.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I appeal their decision ,how to deal with the edited transcript to the high court?

You've started the appeal, get the transcript first. I can't tell you how to run your appeal.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you did not answer my question,you are playing the word game,There should be a department can deal with this activity

I am not playing any games. There's no department.

You need your judge at the appeal level to make an order that you be given the unedited transcript and a copy of the audio record.

For this, you bring a motion.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had done that.There's no department.?Every body and orginzation had been complained,ypu are on the behalf of the court,crown and judge.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Every body and orginzation can been complained,you are on the behalf of the court,crown and judge.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
next time ,you do not answer my question.I do not belive you.Thank you!

I don't understand what you're asking me.

Yes, you can make a complaint to the judicial counsel if you like. But you need the unedited transcript first to show that the Judge overstepped their authorities.

I hope you're not accusing me of being on the side of the court and crown and judge. I assure you I'm not. I just told you the answer to your puzzle, but you think there's still a big conspiracy and I'm part of it? That makes no sense.

I hope you reconsider and rate my answer. If you can't recognize good information and advice then you're not going to do well at your appeal either.

Ulysses

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry,I can not believe you!do not answer my question .Please.I think the adminstra law works for that activty.

You're wrong, but I can't make you believe me.

If you don't want to listen to proper information and advice, then why did you come here?

I know that LegalEase recommended that you see an administrative lawyer, but she's obviously unaware that judges can and do edit the transcripts from their own court.

Administrative law is for when quasi-legal bodies who apply law but aren't courts have their decisions reviewed by the courts. That's not what's happening here. Besides, if you now believe LegalEase why did you tell her that she was wrong and that you didn't believe her?

There's no conspiracy here. I'm trying to help you.

But I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to convince you. I hope you will believe me and give me a rating so that I get paid for my work and the good information I've given you.

Ulysses

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No,I do not belive you.Do not answer my question.Thank you!

I did answer your question and I've spent nearly an hour trying to help you. Instead of being appreciative of getting good help from me, you're accusing me of being part of some conspiracy that's out to get you. If you hold onto that opinion you'll lose your appeal.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can ask the court to dismiss my appeal.I think you have this power.That is your right to do it.I had experiencd the lawyer threat me.

I have no such power.

I don't even know who you are or where you are.

You are holding onto this conspiracy theory and you will lose your appeal if you do because you're going to look like a paranoid person in court.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whatever question I had asked on justanswer,do not answer me ,please!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
whatever question I will asked on justanswer,do not answer me ,please!

I already answered it. If you don't trust any lawyers, don't come back to the site.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not believe you,not al the lawyer.I am sure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sure I do not believe you,not all the lawyer..

You've wasted enough of my time.

Good night and good luck

Ulysses

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not get any useful help.

Yes, you did. You got very useful help. You just refuse to recognize that you did.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you try to help the court the crown to avoid their punishment.

No, I don't do that. But believe whatever you want to.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Every inductry has their ethics.

If I was against you, why would I try to help you here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will not tell anything to you.Please transfer to the lawyer who really want to help me.