Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.

This one's (I'll leave a tip so it's fair). I just heard

Customer Question

This one's long (I'll leave a tip so it's fair). I just heard back from British Columbia Osteopathic Association. Their response to me is attached.My question is: How do I draft my letters to be the most effective? How do I expedite this? Should I actually go to the RCMP office with my proof that he worked as an "Osteopathic Manual Practitioner"?
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The attachment is not legible.

Can you copy and paste?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Osteopathic Registration in BC and the regulation of legitimate osteopathic medical graduates (from colleges accredited by the American Osteopathic Association) is performed by the Provincial Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons.Specifically in BC, the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons regulates osteopathic graduates either under 'osteopathic practice' or 'general medical or specialty practice' depending on their post-graduate training and certification. There are specific requirements for osteopathic practice with the BC College. See the following link: regulations in BC are as follows:Within the new HPA and other provincial regulations we know:1) That Section 2(2) of the MPR states, “The titles ‘osteopath’ and ‘osteopathic physician’ are reserved for exclusive use by osteopathic physicians” registered with the CPSBC.2) That Section 12.1(1) of the HPA states, “If a regulation under section 12(2)(b) prescribes a title to be used exclusively by registrants of a college, a person other than a registrant of the college must not use the title, an abbreviation of the title or an equivalent of the title…”3) That Section 28(4) of the Interpretation Act states, “If a word or expression is defined in an enactment, other forms of speech or grammatical forms of the same word or expression have corresponding meanings”.4) That under the proposed Health Professions Restricted Activities regulation, “to make a diagnosis identifying, as the cause of signs or symptoms of an individual, a disease, disorder or condition” is a restricted activity to those who are members of a regulated health profession.5) That Section 50.2(1) of the HPA states: “A person must not perform a restricted activity in the course of providing a service described in, or doing work described by, the definition of ‘health profession’ in section 1, unless the person is a registrant of a college whose registrants are authorized by a regulation under section 12 to perform the restricted activity in the course of providing services.”It is our opinion, that a practitioner using the title 'Manual Osteopathic Practitioner' without registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons, might well be in violation of many of these regulations.Complaints should be directed to:1) Your local police department2) The Registrar of the College of Physicians and Surgeons - Dr. Heidi Oetter, College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, 300–669 Howe Street, Vancouver BC V6C 0B43) The BC Minister of Health - Terry Lake, and Deputy Minister of Health - ***** *****4) Mark MacKinnon - Executive Director, Professional Regulation, Ministry of Health

So if he is holding himself as a practitioner he has to be a medical doctor.

But I didn't realize he was actually doing that.

I thought he was saying he was a massage therapist.

Because he can do osteopathic techiques so long as he is not saying he is a practitioner.

If he is then I doubt the police will care.

The College of Physicians and Surgeons will care and they can prosecute him.

I don't know if 3 or 4 will care or not.

But you can certainly send one letter to each and it can even be the same letter. Make it clear that he is not a medical doctor but holds himself out as an osteopathic practitioner and that is what his patients believe.

Show proof if possible from letterhead, brochures, the website site, his invoices and receipts etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is now licensed. He practised without a license for 11 months beforehand. Ok, I'll send an Expedited letter. I'm still not clear on the penalty. Bot***** *****ne: does it get him deported? I'll do it anyway because he's atrocious and someone needs to do something. But, I also, admittedly, would like to see him deported.

I don't think it will get him deported.

But he may have to pay a fine.

I have to go out with a kid for a while but noticed that we have several questions that you've not rated me on so I am assuming you have more to say!!

So in case there is a bit of a delay don't worry. I shall return!

If we are done please rate me. I noticed you had trouble rating another answer so I am hoping that doesn't happen here!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not letting me rate anyone.

Oh dear.

Can you post back on each of my posts so I can get the admin to help me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Post back?

On the other posts can you send me a reply saying you are trying to rate and cannot and also how many stars you were going to give me?

Then I will be able to send a list of those questions to the administration so that I can get paid.

Thanks a lot!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please rate 5 stars. I am getting the error "Sorry, your rating was not processed. Please refresh the page and try rating again. If the issue persists, contact Customer Care at 1-***-***-****."

Thanks and can you do this for the other posts where you go this same message?