Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.

My wife is out of the country. I hired a from black page and

Customer Question

My wife is out of the country. I hired a prostitute from black page and she stole my wife's credit card from my car and used it for about 500 dollar at several convince stores. I told my wife that the card is stolen and not about the prostitute. She called the credit company and cancelled it. I called the police and informed them that the card is stolen and they are supposed to contact me for report. My concern is that I don't want my wife to know anything about it. I have no precise information about the prostitute address and possibly the police may not be able to arrest her. Is it better if I keep my secret and let them investigate about the thief or I have to let them know. Can I ask them to not to tell my wife? What will happen if they couldn't find the thief? Will I be charged for hiring prostitute?
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  CriminalLawyerTO replied 2 months ago.

When are the police coming to take a report, and did you mention the thief was a prostitute?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The police said we will contact you shortly but no body contacted yet. No I did not say anything about prostitute
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If they check my texts they will find out
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I have no response yet?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there
Sorry I don't accept the offer.
Could you please response me by text.