Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.

My girl friend is in mali on a business trip

Customer Question

my girl friend is in mali on a business trip,it was her birthday ,so I sent her a 15 seconde video of me naked as a the mali police wants to arrest us for pornographic indecinse,is this a joke.i live in Canada,can they go true with this
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  TexasAtty replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I'm not sure that I can help since I am not in Mali and don't know their laws, but there are some general principles that apply everywhere. Can you explain how you heard about the police wanting to arrest you and then provide any additional facts to put all of this into context? Not a lot, just a paragraph or less.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they sent me a email that they took of my girl friend laptop with a copy of my video
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
This question has been moved to the Canada law list because you are in Canada. Who sent you the email?How would they get her laptop?Does she believe this is valid?
This question is back on my open list. If you did reply please try again as your answer did not post.