Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.

The police have charged my spouse with 2 counts of human

Customer Question

The police have charged my spouse with 2 counts of human trafficking, assault, assault causing bodily harm, forcible confinement, utter death threat. I was just wondering what I can do to help him because I was told there nothing I can do because I wasn't the one to charge him and if It's possible to get a no contact order lifted and how I would go about doing so?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes they are of no help they just keep saying there's nothing I can do to help him because the police laid the charges and not me
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: None read what I said above
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

Is the no contact order respecting you? Are you alleged to be a victim of any of these charges?

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I don't see that you've been back to the site since you posted your question about your partner's criminal charges. Did you find help and information elsewhere? If so, that's fine. Don't forget about the deposit you made to the site. Or reply to me and we'll talk about it.