CriminalLawyerTO
CriminalLawyerTO, Criminal Defence Lawyer
Experience:  After articling at a boutique criminal defence law firm, I started my own law practice, focused on criminal defence.
70961067

I'm from medicine hat Alberta and two years ago I was

Customer Question

Hello I'm from medicine hat Alberta and two years ago I was convicted of common assault with the sentencing there was a ten year fire arm band put on me it's been two years since conviction and one year since my probation has been over I never breached and completed my sentencing as needed my question is can I or able to get that fire arm band removed of me in any way ?
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  CriminalLawyerTO replied 11 months ago.

If the weapons prohibition was part of your probation or bail that would be a different story. However, as the prohibition is part of a sentence handed down by the judge, beyond appealing the sentence (which would be too late now since such must be done within 30 days) I cannot see any way the ban could be shortened or removed. Unfortunately you must adhere to the Order for the duration of the ban, otherwise you risk being found guilty of a further criminal offence if you are in breach. Sorry that is likely not the information you were hoping for, but hopefully it is of assistance.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.