Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Because of the negligence of a person's eye blindness

Customer Question

Because of the negligence of a person's eye blindness caused by a person, to bear the legal responsibility
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you use someone's BB gun with their permission but they did not tell you that it was loaded and you ended up shooting them in the eye and causing them to become blind in one eye?

Are you being sued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he didn't tell me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what legal responsibility should i bear
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It is likely the case that if he sued you the court would analyze the facts to see if he was negligent or you were negligent or you were both were negligent. It could be that the court says you were both equally negligent and you would have to pay only half of what damages he suffered.

If he lied to you and told you that the gun wasn't loaded or if he said I dare you to shoot me or something like that then it may be that you the court would not say you were negligent at all.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, he didn't say like that, he just didn't tell me he loaded the gun, i just play that gun .
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Did he say you could sue it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i mean he sue me, and i want to know, how much money should i pay, and if it will effect my univeristy study.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I made a typo.

Did he say you could sue the gun?

How much is he suing you for?

Have you seen a lawyer in person yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not know whu i should sue the gun, he didn't sue me now, but soon, and i didn't meet any personal lawyer before
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Spell check is doing something odd.

I keep meaning to ask if he said you could use the gun.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry about that, he said i can play that, and sometimes he also took the gun to my head, we all know that is just play.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Based on your last post I think you may have a good chance of being found not liable if he does sue you.

You have a pattern of the two of you playing around with the BB gun. He has even pointed it at your head.

Given this he should have told you it was loaded. It seems to me this was his fault.

I do think you should see a lawyer and that you should do so at once.

The lawyer can send him a letter indicating that this accident was his fault and if he sues you then you will defend the lawsuit and will be seeking an order that he pay your legal costs as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if he sue me, how much should i pay, and will it effect my study in university.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am saying you should not pay as this was his fault.

I am saying to protect yourself by seeing a lawyer right away.

This is not going to effect your ability to study in university.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't be mad, this is my first year in Canada, and i jusy stay here less than three months, anyway thank you very much.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Good luck.