Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

Was rear ended in February by a driver who was texting was t

Customer Question

Was rear ended in February by a driver who was texting was hit twice, absolutely not at fault. Went to Doctor... told I would need physio and rest for 12-16 weeks, following instructions things did not get much better, thought it was a case of a little
more time, doctor feels that my nerves may be swollen, Physio seems to think may be nerve damage. I have held back filing a personal suit as I believed I would be okay however this is way too long, with minimal income and pain. The day after I was hit I should
have taken physical and written testing I had paid for, on the day of the accident I was physically and mentally ready to take testing required for me to apply to become a firefighter; in 2014 I graduated from Durham College Pre-Service Firefighter Programme,
on the Dean's List. I believe I am at the point I have no choice but to sue and I am VERY concerned how this will be perceived when I am again able to apply for employment as a firefighter.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

What is your own insurance company saying about this? Is your insurer giving you all the accident benefits that you're entitled to? Have you spoken to any lawyers about this?