CriminalLawyerTO
CriminalLawyerTO, Criminal Defence Lawyer
Experience:  After articling at a boutique criminal defence law firm, I started my own law practice, focused on criminal defence.
70961067

Someone made a false police report on me. I was accused of

Customer Question

Someone made a false police report on me. I was accused of an indecent act. There statement described a male in his 30's, dirty blonde hair and driving a tan color car. I am 50, salt and pepper color hair and drive a dark brown car.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  CriminalLawyerTO replied 1 year ago.

If the report is false, you can advise the police as filing a false police report is a criminal offence- namely, 'Public Mischief'. Alternatively or additionally, you could sue the person who filed the false report for malicious prosecution (i.e. causing an investigation to be commenced against you) and/or defamation (i.e. saying false and slanderous things about you).

Hopefully that is of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This incident took place in June. They saw me driving two months later in august ang took my plate and called the police. I do not match the description they gave the police. I have go to court in November.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they have a case against me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This incident took place in July and they saw me August and said I look like the guy and took my plate. I have to go to court in November. Please advise.

Per your request, I just provided a phone call request. If you accept, we can discuss your case over the phone at a time that is convenient for you.