Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My daughter has been fired from her job and accused of

Customer Question

My daughter has been fired from her job and accused of theft. She has been told that if she pays $1800.00, no charges will be laid. She denies stealing anything; however, I do not feet that she is blameless as even though nothing physical had been taken, she had allowed friends to use services for free. I do not want her to be charged and have agreed that she will pay the 1800 requested but want something in writing absolving her. I do not want this payment to be an admission of guilt but neither of us want the threat of criminal charges against her so I just want to pay her what they are asking for. The owner has agreed to sign off on any letter I provide as long as I pay her $1800.oo
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

This question was posted in US criminal law. Is this incident happening in the US or in Canada?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canada
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I wasn't certain because the question appears to have been posted in the states.

I will send this off to Canada so that you'll get an answer according to your country's law. Please be patient while customer service moves it, as it may take them a bit of time to get to it. Also, please do not rate my services, since I never provided you with any answer.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking for a lawyer on the site to write the letter? That is not possible as you need your own lawyer to write the letter. If you want me to suggest how to find a lawyer in your city then let me know your province, please.