ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years litigation experience in family, criminal, and civil law
17441061

Is it illegal to re someone to film themselves masturbating?

Customer Question

Is it illegal to hire someone to film themselves masturbating?
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. It's not particularly strange to ask it.

Please don't use any details that can identify you here.

What would be purpose of the recording? And the person being hired is filming themself masturbating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The purpose of hiring someone to film themselves masturbating would be for the hiring persons entertainment. The person being hired will film themselves. This is in ontario canada btw.
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

There's nothing illegal about it by definition. But there are some warnings about the situation.

Firstly, if the person filming is underage or incapable of understanding the arrangement then that's crossing an obvious line.

If the film is spread around without the consent of the subject then a civil suit could follow.

Any threat or promise to spread the film around is likely to be considered blackmail, such coercion being a criminal offense.

If the film is displayed for a profit then the subject could sue for misuse of their image.

If the film is displayed in public, the one responsible for the display could well be subject to criminal charge depending on the circumstances.

But to answer your question, it's not illegal to hire someone to film themself masturbating.

If I've answered you then I'd appreciate a positive service rating please. That's how I get credit from the site for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is according to canadian law? In ontario?
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Criminal Code is federal statute, and it doesn't change from province to province.

Here's a good site for more information:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/ResearchPublications/843-e.htm

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm not certain that you've been on our thread since we last communicated. Is there anything else about this you'd like to discuss?