Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I have a friend who just found out that the girl he had oral

Customer Question

i have a friend who just found out that the girl he had oral sex with was 16 and he is 27. they met at a party that was supposed to be an adults only party. they were both on cocaine and heavy drinking. what should he do to protect himself. no accusations have been made from the minor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  lucy7368 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
What state does your friend live in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alberta canada
Expert:  lucy7368 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
I apologize. Your question was misrouted to the US legal categories. I'll get you over to someone who is licensed in Canada. Please do not reply, as that can cause delays. Good luck.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
In Canada, in most cases the age of consent to engage in sexual activity is actually 16. So as long as this girl is at least 16 years old your friend does not have any concerns.The age of 18 is sometimes applied but that is in situations where there is exploitation such as through prostitution or pornography or where the person is in a position of trust such as in cases where the person were a teacher or a coach. That was not the case here.