Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

I have a problem seeking help on how to drop the charges of domestic v

Customer Question

I have a problem seeking help on how to drop the charges of domestic violence they file to my husband
Apparently one night my husband are drinking alcohol together with his friend and when he come home I was already in deep sleep and he wake me up and I didn't wake up right away as Im tired and he started shouting and calling my name and come to my room and drag me down and I tell him to stop dragging me or else I will call the police and I just ring once the 911 and hang up but 911 call me back and I answered and tell them my husband is drunk and dragging me. The police come to my house and interview me and I tell them not to file charges as he is not like that only this time his mind is with alcohol that's why he is so hot temper. Now they take my huband to one night in jail and sign a paper for no contact to me and cannot come to the house. I need to drop the case as he is a good guy that's only he was in alcohol the time he drag me. Please help me
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
HiIn Canada people cannot drop charges exactly. The police and prosecuting lawyers decide whether a case should proceed. Where do you live?Tom
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
I await your reply :)
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not satisfied n need my money back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a chance I can get a refund? as stated that if im not satisfied you will give us full refund on the payment I made thru my credit card. Thanks
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
You can get your money back but I have nothing to do with that end. You have to contact customer service.
Why not satisfied? I was trying to get information from you to answer properly.
Tom