CriminalLawyerTO
CriminalLawyerTO, Criminal Defence Lawyer
Experience:  After articling at a boutique criminal defence law firm, I started my own law practice, focused on criminal defence.
70961067

My question is if i was convicted in 2011 of an impaired and

Customer Question

my question is if i was convicted in 2011 of an impaired and my suspesion went over the new law change of impaired being its mandatory to put the interlock in for six months do i have to by law or im i in the range of being convicted under the old law where i did my sentence and all aspects of the conviction so i dont have to put the interlock in
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  CriminalLawyerTO replied 1 year ago.
The law as at the time of your conviction applies. You cannot be punished retrospectively for a law that was not in force at the time of your conviction.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.