Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

I am a 65 year old woman who breeds small dogs as a

Customer Question

I am a 65 year old woman who breeds small dogs as a retirement joy and sometimes use one of our males as a stud. I befriended a woman 2 years ago with a criminal background. I do not judge people for their past & we became friendsshe owned a Pure
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: hi ... sorry that got sent by mistake ... I live in Ontario Canada ... I bought one of this woman's dogs & had Her fully vaccinated. She missed the dog very much & I returned the dog to her with the understanding she would pay costs regarding the dog & her vaccinations. My stud bred her dogs 3 times spending 1 wk in my home. The 1st time the Yorkie became pregnant this woman kept the dog to whelp. Puppy was a singleton & large ... she could not birth & rushed to Bet .. puppy died. I pd the cab fee of $50.00. I live 40 miles away. The next time the bitch was bred, she was whelped by me. Once again a large singleton puppy, we did save it. Since she wanted to keep that puppy she asked & promised the whole litter of her Papillon to pay the fees she owed us regarding the buy back of the Yorkie, breeding, whelping, docking tails & no puppy to our kennel from the last litter 5 puppies were whelped by us ... one needed extra work to begin breathing on it's own.. I stated we would take pic of the litter & enough to cover the money owed & the rest of the money would be returned to her.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She began to not answer our E mails or calls & sold my pic of the litter to the apt. Manager. At 6 wks.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have sent the contract to a lawyer & he has advised writing a letter ... if nothing happens then I myself can take her & her x husband to small claims court. By then the puppies would be gone & she will not have money. It's more the principle of it. That we did so much for her & she scammed us. The contract does state that she owed us for the Yorkie & Vaccination & the costs involved in the use of our stud in our home on 3 occasions & the whelping, docking tails etc plus travel back & forth.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

i am sorry to hear all of this.

How much do you feel that she owes you?