Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

I need a employment contract written up for a non profit

Customer Question

I need a employment contract written up for a non profit organization. Nothing very complex. Can you do that by tomorrow morning if I give you the terms of employment? Thank you.
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

I can suggest how to find a lawyer if you let me know where you live.

Also please rate my other answers if we are done there so I can get paid.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did rate your last response! Thank you.
As for as the contract is concerned, why can't a lawyer write a simple contract for me? I can write it! I just wanted to hire a lawyer so it sounds more professional than when a non-lawyer writes it the contract?

A lawyer can but not a lawyer on this site.

We are not permitted to have direct contact with you.

And you need to retain the lawyer so there is a solicitor-client relationship.

Through this site we can just provide legal information. We cannot practice law over this site as you are not my client.

I know the timing is terrible because you cannot reach a lawyer until Tuesday but I am sorry about that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what if you don't write the contract as a lawyer? I would hire you just to make the contract look professional, like a screenwriter for a movie! I would even clearly write that I am not asking you to write a legal contract and I in no way hold you responsible for the content of the contract? And if you tell me for some reason that you can't do it, I can always go to a freelance writer online and have them do it for me, if that is what you prefer.
Don't worry I am not running a scam. I would of had a job offer today if I had a written contract. Since I might have to show the contract to the government I just don't want them to become suspicious and give me a hard time if they notice that the contract was not written up by a lawyer. And should G-d forbid a dispute arise between my employing institution and myself we would not be going to a civil court but to a Jewish court called Bais Din which a lawyer is governed by a different set of contractual law.
However, despite all the above if you are saying that you can still get in trouble than I understand and would probably just use a site like:
http://www.lawdepot.ca/contracts/employment-contract/?loc=CAON&pid=googleppc-employ_caon-contractlscore_j3-s-ggkey_hiring%20contract&s_kwcid=hiring%20contract|53175002535&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxF6bg8ve2z2gIUZ4mPnA-UgSH7rVLGdutMjJ-5hYQOEaAtO98P8HAQ#.WGms9hsrLIUJust please let me know as soon as possible.
Thank you!

I cannot do it as it is in breach of the rules of my law society.

You can try law depot. I have heard of it though I don't know how good it is but if you need the contract now it's your best bet.