Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I have small business at bonnie doon mall in Edmonton and I

Customer Question

I have small business at bonnie doon mall in Edmonton and I have hard time and struggling with rent ,loan and franchise fee I tried hard to keep it since I start from 6 months then now the mall giving me hard time to make me sign a new lease monthly with al most a half of my rent but they will have to control of my store to give me a note with 30 days if they want to terminate my lease in abetment period
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: sorry Tina I didn't even say hi to you I'm just kind of nervous
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: canada
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

But I don't see an actual question here. What specifically are you asking?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to do bankruptcy but I don't know how or how I can start. Also do I need a lawyer or I can do it by myself. I am at Edmonton, Alberta canada

Do you have any assets?

Are you asking about a personal bankruptcy or a corporate bankruptcy?

You are on the lease personally, correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
corporate bankruptcy
the lease under the company name
also we have a loan from the bank
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the loan under the company name

That is good news.

Your next step would be to set up a consultation with a Trustee in Bankruptcy. You can do that for free in Edmonton.

Just google to find one or even more than one and set up a meeting or two to see which one you like.

They will then guide you through the entire process. It is not complicated and a great way to put all of this behind you.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?