Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

If the bank asks for a reference letter from the accountant

Customer Question

If the bank asks for a reference letter from the accountant to indicate that the accountant is responsible for tax return and financial statements, any risk would the accountant bear if signing such a reference letter?
Thanks,
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 15 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There is no risk so long as the accountant is honest.

And the account should include the regular statement that the books have not been audited in the letter so the bank knows the accountant only knows what he/she is being told.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.