Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

The lawyer, who was hired by the government to defend the

Customer Question

The lawyer, who was hired by the government to defend the RCMP wrote :
You were given a form to consent to medical information . Your response was clear :" I do not accept or consent for the release of personal medical information". The officer has a right to request this information and if you are unwilling to provide it, it is only reasonable for the officer to consider it in the interest of public safety for you not to possess firearms.
Is that true, that the firearm officer has the right to request that information ?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I don't know. I will try and do some research now and see if I can find the answer.

I not I may need to leave this one for a criminal lawyer.

I actually found the answer and you must fill out the Consent For Disclosure of Medical Information to a Chief Firearms Officer to Assess Eligibility for a Firearms Licence if requested to do so by the CFO.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand that all, but they must have a reason for that, right ? And I want to know that reason ! I never got a fine in my whole life, not even a speeding ticket, so what was the reason for this requirement ?

I honestly don't know anything about this and I cannot find the answer.

Do you want me to opt out and see if a criminal lawyer can answer?

I have to go help a kid for a while. I will check back in about an hour at the most.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
criminal lawyer, ? yes pls.

OK

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did my bonus arrive ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you pls. tell me, where I can read, that I am obliged to fill out the form for the firearm officer ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hope, you are doing well Legal Ease !! I will put you into my evening prayer. I pray only to God when I need something and therefor nevertheless, I hope, he will help you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Legal Ease, how are you doing ?