Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Canada Business law attorney only: How do i look up the

Customer Question

Canada Business law attorney only: How do i look up the owners and officers of a BC company? I tried on the BC website but it does not seem like that info is available from them online. Also, is there a way to look up or find their revenues or value? Finally, if a BBC company has a U.S. business as a client and interferes with its business by colluding with one partner to block the other partner from access to the online account and online services needed to operate the business, passes information on about the business's legitimate online activities to give the offending partner a competitive edge and assists in sabotaging the business's use of online services including deletion of company files and accounts -- how would the business go about bringing a legal action against the Canadian company?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You cannot find out who the owner are. This is confidential information.

You can do a corporate search and find out who the directors are.

You cannot find out their revenues or value unless they are a public company. All this information is confidential.

In terms of your other questions, it seems like your cause of action (grounds for suing ) would be against your partner.

If the BC company doesn't have a contract with you then dealing with your partner is not wrong for them to do. It sounds like your partner is harming you.

If you do have a contract with them then you would sue for breach of contract.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My causes of action against my partner are being separately pursued. Under U.S. and governing stats law, a company that participated in cyber crimes such as destroying and sabotaging files and features of an online account could be separately sued for business interference, economic sabotage, collusion, etc, etc. Are you saying that none of this applies to Canadian or BC law? The company's contract were its use of the website which tacitly means the user agrees to the terms. The Company's account was and is paid up. The facts point to the BC company taking the bait from the other partner and took sides between the partners (which the partner continuing to run the company did not know) in blocking the company from operating and assisting with destruction and transfer of company assets to the partner's separate business. Their TOS basically would seem to void a mere breach of contract claim but I would be shocked if CA/BC law does not provide for claims regarding cyber crimes, collusion, conspiracy, business interference etc. Also, if one party is in CA and the other U.S. is any court proceeding required to be filed in BC if that is what their TOS says since these include non-TOS issues?

If you are a shareholder of a company that has been hurt you, yourself cannot sue.

The contract was with the company.

So the corporation would sue but not the individual shareholders.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is not at all what I was asking. The company would be the Plaintiff.Do you practice law in Canada?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you saying CA does not permit derivative suits?

Yes of course I do.

I am going to opt out and let another expert answer.