Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.

I have a trial date (mediation) for small claims court

Customer Question

I have a trial date (mediation) for small claims court coming up in a few days. The claimant is asking for $550. It's not worth my time to go. What happens if I don't show, and then don't show to the court date?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you miss either of these dates the Plaintiff will get an order for what they are asking plus interest and some legal costs.

They can then seek to enforce it against your assets or wages.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?