Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

I work at a Veterinary Office as a pet groomer under no

Customer Question

I work at a Veterinary Office as a pet groomer under no contract and was paid on commission .
I am changing location grooming out of another Vet office now. I have sent out notices to my grooming client my Change of locations. I just received a worrisome email from the vet office that I have recently left stating that I my have put that Veterinary and me in some serious trouble with PRIVACY ACT!
Is this true? All I have is address of these clients that I groomed for the past 3 yrs
All are very happy to know we're I'm going. This Veterinary sounds as though she is simply upset about me going to another Vet office, she did not take it well when I gave her my notice that I'm leaving.
Can you please tell me the truth about this. I plan to send out to my client a retraction notice stating the intention was not to Change your Veterinarian. I apologized sincerely ***** ***** Veterinary and am rather embarrassed for my ignorance in this matter.
Can you give me your opinion and what should I do?
Thank you Laura
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.
So what you are being accused of is soliciting the clients of the first vet, is that correct?