Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

We bought a timeshare (gh pressure, we were suckers - I

Customer Question

We bought a timeshare (high pressure, we were suckers - I know, we accept responsibility) in Mexico with El Cid (El Cid Vacations Club, Wyndham, RCI). This company offers points - you choose the week/s.We would like to cancel it. We have investigated selling it - but to my knowledge no one has ever sold their timeshare. We realize we would forfeit whatever we have paid in - but we just want to be rid of it because we never use it. Is there any hope?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

There may be some hope. There are not experts from Mexico on this site so I have made myself familiar with how time shares work in Mexico.

If you can show that you are not getting what you paid for or if you can show that you were unduly pressured into signing up for this time share (and that is what you were saying) the government in Mexico may actually assist you.

You can file a complaint here and see if that works:

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm

They will help people who live outside of Mexico.

They will need all the details of what happened so be prepared to provide a detailed letter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Is this the only way?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes as far as I know that is it.