Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

I recently got an auto loan through a used car dealership in

Customer Question

I recently got an auto loan through a used car dealership in BC and because I was told my credit rate was at 0 I needed to establish a rapport with the bank who was willing to agree to give me the loan. I specifically requested a winter capable suv or cross over with 4x4 or all wheel drive, however was given a front wheel drive car, but was told to drive this only to establish a payment pattern and show that I can make all payments and on time. Which I have done. When I agreed to this car it was purely because I was promised that by the time the end of october cam I would be in a vehicle with the specific's I asked for in the beginning. It is now december and I am missing family things because I have a front wheel drive car that cannot be safe in the winter conditions that I face. Although I was promised that I wouldn't have this car, I am now being told otherwise. So my question is what can I do in order to either get the vehicle I was promised t have or how do I get out of having anything to do with this car or this awful company?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Are you saying that the car dealership stated to you clearly that by October you could trade in this car for another car with the specifications you wanted?