Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

Im from Colombia and im being threaten to be judged in

Customer Question

Hi, im from Colombia and im being threaten to be judged in Canada by a company for which i did a freelance job here in Colombia. It was a 3 part job but we agree with the legal department to do just 1. I finish it and now they are forcing me to do the
rest because they say that the job i deliver was unprofessional even though it was approved by them. After I deliver it, they ask me for revisions in the time of 2 weeks. I did them all and after that, a month passed since they last communicate with me and
told me that some things were bad and i told them i will do revisions but now they want me to do all the things that we agree i wouldn't do. I attach the legal agreement that i would do just one part or they will take legal actions against me
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking for a second opinion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother you again, its just that i write to them saying that i deliver all in the deadlines as we agreed and did the revisions that they asked for and the say this: "you broke this agreement by giving us unprofessional job. We have a legal contract signed by both parties. The next time you talk to me is to move forward and ask me what you need to do next as for task. I am in charge of the graphics. If you dont do this, I will no longer speak to you since the legal department will take actions agaisnt you."
I didnt deliver unprofessional job, they just want to brake the agreement i made with the legal department and thats not fair but im concern that my signature is on that contract and i dont want to be in trouble. Im deeply sorry if im bothering you again with this, i just want some more info about it or if you think is better, a second opinion.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I already answered so I'm going to opt out and see if another layer on the site wants to answer instead.