Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I would like to buy some property from a company who has a

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I would like to buy some property from a company who has a registered office in Saskatchewan, Canada. The Corporate Registries of Saskatchewan has two Directors owning 100 percent of the company and one Director is a USA citizen and the
other is has Canadian citizenship. The canadian Director wants to sell us some assets owned by the company and I am concerned that I may need sign off from the other Director. Should I be looking for some proof that this guy can sign off on the sale without
the other Director's sign off? If so, what should I look for?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You agreement is not with a director. The corporation is a separate legal entity and your agreement is with the corporation.

So you don't have to worry about whether the other director is involved in the deal or not.

It is the corporation and you that are contracting about the sale.