Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I am dentist , i have a poor rateing on a rating site in

Customer Question

hi i am dentist , i have a poor rateing on a rating site in canada, i understand that people can post rating there views on situations that occured to them, however in this rating the person is say that my positive ratings are fake, which i can accountant
fro about half of them, even though they are anonomus. what is the law that makes them take it off, since this is not ture. this isn't the first poor rating i have had but it is that claims something very damaging that isn't true. thanks, paulo
Category: Canada Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, the site is ratemds, thanks
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked the site to take this comment off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet, i justed wanted to see what the law was on it. i feel like this is almost cyber bullying ? because it is very aggresive and it isn't true. if i screwed up a root canal or put a petient in pain etc, i get it, i don't like the comment but it happened.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Does the site allow you to respond?
Do you know the name of the poster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i just respondedand pleaded my case. no name is given.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
It is not likely that you could get an order to have the site remove the post because undoubtedly the site says that the comments are not checked for the accuracy and that they are just a forum for posting comments. It may be possible to get an order requiring the site to provide you with the name of the poster if they do know it or perhaps the IP address. If the poster is stating lies this is defamation and you could get an order against the poster requiring the poster to remove the post, provide a written retraction and apology and damages.But all of this will be very expensive.What may work is to pay a lawyer to send one letter to the site threatening to sue. That may be enough to convince them to take the post down.