Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Hogan is the supervisor for the Conowingo Hydroelectric Dam.

Customer Question

Dennis Hogan is the supervisor for the Conowingo Hydroelectric Dam. Mr. Hogan knows that the dam’s turbines generate electricity at the peak rate only when at least 1,000,000 gallons of water pass through the dam each day. He also knows, from experience, that the daily flow is normally distributed, with the mean (µ) equal to 850,000 gallons and a standard deviation (σ) of 200,000 gallons. What is the probability that the turbines will generate at peak rate today
Matthews, Young and Associates, a management consulting firm, has four types of professionals on its staff: managing consultants, senior associates, field staff, and office staff. Average rates charged to consulting clients for the work of each of these professional categories are $75/hour, $40/hour, $30/hour, and $15/hour. Office records indicate the following number of hours billed last year in each category: 8,000, 14,000, 24,000 and 35,000. What was the average hourly billing rate for the firm?
A large employer was interested in how much money employees spend each month on health care expenses, other than insurance premiums. A survey was conducted of a sample of 20 employees and the results (in $) were: 420, 200, 75, 90, 650, 387, 228, 503, 377, 454, 290, 88, 159, 240, 307, 443, 674, 150, 367, 222. Construct a frequency distribution (table) with 6 classes to summarize these data.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Calculus and Above
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Requires showing your work and in pressed for time
Expert:  Ryan replied 30 days ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll have solutions posted for you as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Ryan replied 30 days ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  Ryan replied 30 days ago.

Here are the solutions:

StatsProblems

Clicking on the above link will take you to a page where you can download the solution as a Word file. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing that file.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan