Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

2- The previous study indicated that several factors may be

Customer Question

2- The previous study indicated that several factors may be risk factors for premature delivery, among them a high basal metabolic index (BMI) in the mother. Suppose BMI at 20 weeks’ gestation has a mean of µ=28.5 with a standard deviation of σ=3.6.
A. Suppose the obstetrician will see 74 pregnant women over the next week; how many of them will have BMI between 25 and 30? (½ mark)
B. Suppose we collect a sample of 100 pregnant women from a different antenatal care clinic, what is the probability that the sample mean for that sample is within 1 unit of the true BMI, if the standard deviation for BMI is 3.6? (½ mark)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site. When is the deadline of this home work? Please reply.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this problem. I'll have a solution posted for you as soon as I get it typed up.

Thanks,

Ryan

Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 month ago.
Is this the complete set of questions?
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I'm sorry for the confusion as well. There was a error in the system that prevented Mr. Glenn's initial response from showing up on my screen. If I had seen it, I would not have posted my reply to you. This has been reported to the site administrators.

Since almost an hour has passed and no solution has been posted, here is a link to the solution that I prepared for you.

Solutions

Please let me know if you have any questions about the solutions, or if you have any difficulty accessing the file.

If there is anything else that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Ryan