SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

Answer the questions below. Make sure to show your work and

Customer Question

Answer the questions below. Make sure to show your work and justify all of your answers
1. Simplify: Show your work.
2. For the given quadratic equation convert into vertex form, find the vertex, and find the value for x = 6. Show your work.
y = -2x2 + 2x +2
3. A manufacturer of shipping boxes has a box shaped like a cube. The side length is
(5a + 4b). What is the volume of the box in terms of a and b? Show your work.
4. If a function, f(x) is shifted to the left four units, what will the transformed function look like?
5. Solve the problem by writing an inequality. A club decides to sell T-shirts for $12 as a fund-raiser. It costs $20 plus $8 per T-shirt to make the T-shirts. Write and solve an equation to find how many T-shirts the club needs to make and sell in order to profit at least $100. Show your work.
6. The velocity of sound in air is given by the equation , where v is the velocity in meters per second and t is the temperature in degrees Celsius. Find the temperature when the velocity is 329 meters per second by graphing the equation. Round the answer to the nearest degree. Show your work.
7. The volume in cubic feet of a box can be expressed as , or as the product of three linear factors with integer coefficients. The width of the box is x-2.
Factor the polynomial to find linear expressions for the height and the length. Show your work.
8. What is the solution to the equation . Show your work.
9. Solve the equation. Check for extraneous solutions. Type your answers in the blanks. Show your work.
x = _____ or _____
10. Write an expression for the volume of a cylinder with a height 7in. greater than the radius.
11. What is the value of log81 3? Show your work.
Time (hours) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Population (1000s) 5.1 3.03 1.72 1.17 1.38 2.35 4.08
12. In an experiment, a petri dish with a colony of bacteria is exposed to cold temperatures and then warmed again.
Find a quadratic model for the data in the table. Type your answer below. Show your work.
13. Use the model from problem 12 to estimate the population of bacteria at 9 hours.
Type your answer below. Show your work.
14. Evaluate the expression for the given value of the variable(s). Show your work.
15. Find a quadratic model for the set of values: (-2, -20), (0, -4), (4, -20). Show your work.
16. Simplify the expression. Type your answer in the blank.
-
17. Suppose you cut a small square from a square of fabric as shown in the diagram. Write an expression for the remaining shaded area. Factor the expression. Type your answer below.
18. Is the relation {(3, 5), (–4, 5), (–5, 0), (1, 1), (4, 0)} a function? Explain. Type your answer below.
19. Evaluate Show your work.
20. Consider the leading term of the polynomial function. What is the end behavior of the graph? Describe the end behavior and provide the leading term.
-3x5 + 9x4 + 5x3 + 3
1. Simplify: Show your work.
y = -2x2 + 2x +2
x = _____ or _____
Time (hours) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Type your answer below. Show your work.
-
19. Evaluate Show your work.
-3x5 + 9x4 + 5x3 + 3
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with these problems.

In scanning through them, I can see where at least some of them are missing information. Can you attach the problems as a Word document or screenshots?

Thanks,

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Since I have not received a reply from you, I'm not sure where things stand at this point. I was able to complete 11 of the 20 problems with the information that I have available to me. If you would like the solutions for those problems, please let me know.

We can work on finding a way of communicating the information for the remaining problems if you'd like.

Thanks,

Ryan

Expert:  Mr. Glenn replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Do you still need help on this? Please reply asap. Thanks