SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.

The following frequency distribution analyzes the scores on

Customer Question

The following frequency distribution analyzes the scores on a math test. Find the class midpoint of scores interval 95-99.
The histogram below represents the number of television sets per household for a sample of U.S. households. What is the maximum number of households having the same number of television sets?
3.The students in Hugh Logan's math class took the Scholastic Aptitude Test. Their math scores are shown below.
Find the Mean score, Median score, Mode score
356, 525, 356, 496, 350, 482, 525, 496, 608, 349, 352, 496, 470, 516
Mean 455.5, Median 489, Mode 496
Mean 489, Median 496, Mode 455.5
Mean 455.5, Median 496, Mode 489
Mean 496, Median 455.5, Mode 489
Find the mean of the data summarized in the given frequency distribution. The heights of a group of professional basketball players are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the mean height. Round your answer to one decimal place.
78.1 in.
75.3 in.
13.5 in.
76.6 in.
5.A class of sixth grade students kept accurate records on the amount of time they spent playing video games during a one-week period. The times (in hours) are listed below: Find the Range, Variance, and Standard Deviation for the given sample data.
25.7 13.6 9.2 14.2 18.6 30.4 19.8 14.0 24.6 24.1
Range: 44.9, Variance: 21.2, Standard Deviation: 6.7
Range: 21.2, Variance: 6.7, Standard Deviation: 44.9
Range: 21.2, Variance: 44.9, Standard Deviation: 6.7
Range: 6.7, Variance: 44.9, Standard Deviation: 21.2
6.The test scores of 32 students are listed below. Find.
32 37 41 44 46 48 53 55 56 57 59 63 65 66 68 69
70 71 74 74 75 77 78 79 80 82 83 86 89 92 95 99
A class consists of 27 women and 32 men. If a student is randomly selected, what is the probability that the student is a woman?
8.The following table contains data from a study of two airlines which fly to Small Town, USA. Find the indicated probability. Express your answer as a simplified fraction unless otherwise noted. If one of the 87 flights is randomly selected, find the probability that the flight selected arrived on time.
9.A psychologist claims that more than 5.8 percent of the population suffers from professional problems due to extreme shyness. Use p, the true percentage of the population that suffers from extreme shyness.
H0: p 5.8% : p = 5.8%
H0: p = 5.8% : p 5.8%
10.Use the given information to find the P-value. Also, use a 0.05 significance level and state the conclusion about the null hypothesis (reject the null hypothesis or fail to reject the null hypothesis).
The test statistic in a two-tailed test is z = 1.95.
0.9744; fail to reject the null hypothesis
0.0512; fail to reject the null hypothesis
0.0512; reject the null hypothesis
0.0256; reject the null hypothesis
11.Evaluate the expression. 13!
12.The differences between two sets of dependent data are : 84, 85, 83, 63, 61, 100, 98. Find sd. Round to the nearest tenth.
Assume that a procedure yields a binomial distribution with a trial repeated n times. Use the binomial probability formula to find the probability of x successes given the probability p of success on a single trial. Round to three decimal places.
n =12, x = 5, p = 0.25
14.The two data sets are dependent. Find to the nearest tenth.
Assume that the data has a normal distribution and the number of observations is greater than fifty. Find the critical z value used to test a null hypothesis. α = 0.1 for a two-tailed test.
16.Find the indicated critical z value. Find the value of that corresponds to a confidence level of 95%.
17.The scores on a certain test are normally distributed with a mean score of 60 and a standard deviation of 5.
What is the probability that a sample of 90 students will have a mean score of at least 60.527?
18.Find the area of the shaded region. The graph depicts the standard normal distribution with mean 0 and standard deviation 1.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with these problems.

Do you have these problems in a Word document or PDF perhaps? It appears that there are figures and diagrams that are missing, and it also appears that the problem set is not complete as problem #18 seems to have been cut off.

If you have them in a document, you can attach it to your reply using the "Add a file" link, or you can upload it to a file-sharing website such as or If you use one of those sites, simply copy the sharing link for your file, and then paste that into your reply.

If needed, it is also possible to arrange for you to be able to send the file to me by email. However, there is a small additional charge for that so perhaps that should be kept as a last resort option. Let me know if you would like to use that option though.

I look forward to helping you with these.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello i would rather hire a tutor per hour.
is that an option with this site bc i have all multi choice questions which make it easier
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

While the site isn't set up in quite that manner, I am confident that we can work something out together that is mutually agreeable.

Some possible options are:

• Provision of solutions, with follow-up discussion as needed

• Provision of detailed step-by-step solutions

• Discussion of problems over the phone

Can you tell me more about what you have in mind so that I can propose an arrangement?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello i refuse to allow your support , as there is not a way to upload the entirety of my questions thus negating my request to get the correct answrer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the response of a question should not allow the payment to process
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

I believe that we can overcome the issue about uploading the questions, if you can give me some information about what you have available to you. Do you have the problems in a document of some kind on your computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't and I'm requesting a refund
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

There should be a link on that page that you can use to contact a Customer Service representative to arrange for a refund.