Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I am curious whether your results will be more conclusive on

Customer Question

Hello, I am curious whether your results will be more conclusive on a survey if you limit the number of responses the respondent can select. For instance, if you want to decipher what people's top 3 priorities are and you give them 20 choices and allow them an unlimited number to select, you will have a widely distributed range of results, correct? These results would be less informative than if you had limited them to 3 choices, for example?
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hello again! To clarify my question, we asked the following question on a survey: For which types of sustainable development impacts (ie, social, economic, environmental impacts) would additional, more specific assessment guidance be useful? Please check up to five types of impacts.

Then we listed 18 response options. If we had limited their selections to 2 or 3, would the results have come out as more conclusive (generally speaking)? As it was with the limit being that respondents could choose 5, the results were very widely distributed across the list. Would you recommend limiting answer responses (rather than allowing respondents to check and unlimited number) to give more conclusive results and to actually identify critical areas?