Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

This same question with different numbers, Random and

Customer Question

This same question with different numbers
JA: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: Random and independent samples of 70 recent prime time airings from each of two major networks have been considered. The first network aired a mean of 109.1 commercials during prime time, with a standard deviation of 5.5 commercials. The second network aired a mean of 110.9 commercials, with a standard deviation of 5.5 commercials. As the sample sizes are quite large, the population standard deviations can be estimated using the sample standard deviations. Construct a 95% confidence interval for , the difference between the mean number of commercials aired during prime time by the first network and the mean number of commercials aired during prime time by the second network. Then complete the table belowwhat is the lower limit of the 95% confidence interval
what is the upper limit of the 95% confidence interval
JA: Is there anything else the Advanced Math Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: interval for mu1 - mu2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Advanced Math Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Calculus and Above
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I'm here
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using the site. I"ll be happy to help you with this. I'll have an answer posted for you in just a few minutes.

Thanks,

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

Assuming that the large sample sizes mean that your course permits the use of the z-statistic in the calculation of the confidence interval, then the limits are:

Lower limit = -3.6221

Upper limit = 0.0221

If the above assumption is not correct, then the t-statistic must be used, and the limits are:

Lower limit = -3.6382

Upper limit = 0.0382

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How did you find the answer?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Since it seemed that you only need the values, I used my calculator to calculate the interval limits.

If you need to do a calculation by hand, I can type up. It will only take a few minutes.

Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

Here is the work for calculating the limits of the interval:

ConfidenceInterval

Clicking the above link will take you to a page where you can download the solutions as a Word document. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing this file.

Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,

Ryan