Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering

I'm trying to figure out how to find the best predicted value

Customer Question

I'm trying to figure out how to find the best predicted value of a response variable
JA: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: Eight pairs of data yield r = 0.742 and the regression equation ^y = 55.8+2.79 x
​Also, y = 71.125
What is the best predicted value of y for x=2.8​?
Use a significance level of 0.05.
JA: Is there anything else the Advanced Math Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: just looking for help with this question
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Advanced Math Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this. I'll have a solution posted for your shortly. Thanks, Ryan
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.
Here is the solution: Correlation Clicking on the above link will take you to a page where you can download the solution as a Word document. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing that file. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution. Thanks, Ryan