Dr Arthur Rubin
Dr Arthur Rubin, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Ph.D. in Mathematics, 1978, from the California Institute of Technology, over 20 published papers
13714381

Prove that there is only one linear transformation, T:R^n

Customer Question

Prove that there is only one linear transformation, T:R^n --> R^m such that T(u-v) = T(u+v) for every pair of vectors u, v include R^n
Category: Calculus and Above
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any approximate of how long the wait is for the answer to this question? -Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

Expert:  Dr Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

I don't see the difficulty.

If T(u-v) = T(u+v), then

T(u) - T(v) = T(u) + T(v)

T(v) + T(v) = 0

T(v) = 0

Hence the only such linear transformation is the zero map.