Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

My Question is, Thank You Create an inferential statistics

Customer Question

My Question is for Ryan, Thank You
Create an inferential statistics (hypothesis) test using the research question and two variables your learning team developed for the Week 2 Business Research Project Part 1 assignment. Include:
The research question
Mock data for the independent and dependent variables
Determine the appropriate statistical tool to test the hypothesis based on the research question.
Conduct a hypothesis test with a 95% confidence level, using the statistical tool.
Write an interpretation of no more than 350-words of the results and provide your findings.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit both the spreadsheet and the paper to the Assignment Files tab.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the new request.

I have the document from the other question, and the data set from our previous project. I'll get started on this as quickly as I can. Is there a specific deadline to meet?

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My deadline is Wednesday at 6pm
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, no problem. I would expect to have something posted for you later this evening.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I have a concern about my payment. I received a payment error message three time and the message asked me to enter my payment information so I did but I received the error message three times and entered my information three time. Please check and make sure I was not over charged . Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I received any kind of discount for my question, I think I have a coupon in my email.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You will need to contact a Customer Service representative about that.

While it would normally be in my nature to assist you with that kind of issue if I could, I don't have the access to your account information, nor the authorization to do anything even if I did have the information.

There should be a link on the page that you can use to contact them, or you can call them at(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

I have looked over the paper that you attached (in the other thread) for this project.

I was able to collect data for international sales from the paper, but the number of stores was not given for each year so I created data for that variable. The data set that I came up with is:

Year; Number of international stores; International sales

1995; 276; $1.5 billion

1996; 390; $3.7 billion

1997; 505; $5.0 billion

1998; 612; $7.5 billion

Also, in the paper, you have the following research question:

"Is the increase in sales revenue from years 1995 through 1998 because of the rise in store globalization?" (emphasis added)

The problem with this research question is that it is attempting to determine a causal relationship between the two variables. It is exceedingly difficult to prove such a relationship. A more appropriate research question would be:

"Is there a linear relationship between the increase in international sales revenue from years 1995 through 1998 and the number of international stores?"

Please let me know if you need to consult with your instructor about the data set and the changed research question.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Ryan, let me consult with my instructor and look on the Walmart website to see if I can locate the number of stores and sales for each year.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had an issue with the compatibility of excel 2016 and my MAC. My instructor said he could not see the histogram data for some reason.What format are you using?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Excel for Mac, 2011

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Microsoft(###) ###-####for Mac
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

The 2011 version is what I have.

The Word file was in .doc format, and the Excel file was in .xlsx format.

Were you able to open the files using your version of Word and Excel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was able to open and see the histogram but the instructor said it was a MS and he needed a PC. I has to do a screenshot and sent the file that way.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is the link for the years and sales of Walmart. Scroll down to the charts. You will have to copy and paste the link.
Taking Wal-Mart Global: Lessons From Retailing's Giant.html (89k)
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

That really shouldn't have been necessary, as the Mac and PC versions of the Office applications should be able to read each others file formats. Things have changed since the olden days. :)

I'm not able to do anything with that "link". There is no URL to copy/paste.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Taking Wal-Mart Global: Lessons From Retailing's Giant.html (89k) is the title of the article. If you copy the title line and paste in the search you should be able to locate the article.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, got it.

I'll pull the stores and sales information from there.

Has your course covered testing for the significance of a linear regression model?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Give me a minute let me check
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok.

I certainly hope so, because everything about this project is pointing in that direction.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we did in chapter 13 of the text
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, great.

The data set is then:

1995; 226; $1.511 billion

1996; 276; $3.712 billion

1997; 314; $5.002 billion

1998; 601; $7.517 billion

Your instructor may have an issue with the small size of the sample, so be sure to get an ok for this data set.

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your right the instructor did say my sampling size was small in class, are you referring to the 30 interviewers?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

In this case, I'm referring to the fact that we only have four data points defining a relationship between the number of stores and the sales revenues.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is fine
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok.

Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Here is the completed hypothesis for this project:

HypothesisTest (Word)

HypothesisTest (Excel)

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I will take a look
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ryan the paper looks good thanks, however do have a concern. What does the abbreviation crit represent?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

"crit" = critical

I use it as a subscript to distinguish the critical value from the test statistic value in a hypothesis test.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the t an abbreviation for test satistic
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
statistic
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Yes, that's correct.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks I an revising the document because there is 20% plagiarism
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Hmmm...that's interesting, since it is all original. Well, except for the parts that are essentially the same in all hypothesis tests. A lot of the verbiage is repetitive, such as the phrasing about the number of degrees of freedom, the decision rule, the conclusion...there's only so many ways to talk about things like that.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know I am trying my best
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

There should really be some reasonable amount that is allowable. 0% is a bit of an unrealistic standard.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ryan I am still waiting for my instructors feedback. When I receive the feedback can you revise my paper?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

I'll be happy to take a look at the feedback that you receive and do what I can to address any issues that your instructor may have.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I will need some help with next week as well. Are you available tomorrow?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I expect to be online tomorrow.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That great I have a team assignment and Powerpoint presentation due Wednesday. Are you able to complete power points with speaker notes.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

That's not really my specialty, and sounds like something that should perhaps be posted in the Writing Homework category.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How can I do that?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You would need to open a new question, and select the Writing Homework category.

Since I don't know precisely how the site looks on your end (because it is different from what I see on my end), you might need to contact a Customer Service Representative for assistance with getting your question posted in the correct category.

If your new question happens to turn up in the Math category somehow, and I happen to see it, I'll do what I can to get it moved to an appropriate category.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here are the directions:
Collect the team members' Week 5 individual Inferential Statistics and Findings assignment papers and spreadsheets.
Review each team member's inferential statistics and findings, incorporating the best elements into one team inferential statistics and findings paper and spreadsheet.
..Note the strengths and weaknesses
..Where there are differences, collaborate with your team to find the best approach.
Complete the cumulative Business Research Project by combining all parts into a 2,450- to 2,800- word paper that is between by collaborating with your team to include the following:
..Revised tables or figures based on prior instructor feedback
..Description or interpretation of the tables or figures
..Summary of the results of testing the null hypothesis, with a clear statement whether or not the null hypothesis was rejected
..Answers to the research questions
..Conclusions that were derived from this study
..An inconclusive result is acceptable for this project. Should that be the case, suggest potential future research efforts and a new research questions that might provide more definitive results.
..Recommendations based on the results
..Observations (reflection) on the business problem and its solution
..Research challenges your team experienced in this study
..Steps to minimize challenges in future research
..Suggested future research based on your research results, challenges, and implications
Format your Business Research Report consistent with APA guidelines.
Develop a 12- to 16-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that includes the following elements:
Overall picture of the research process
Summary of the research results including specific answers to the research question
Summary of the challenges, implications, and recommendations
Submit the Business Research Report, Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet, and Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to the Assignment Files tab.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really all I need to do is combine the papers from week 2 through 5 do the needed corrections and prepare a powerpoint presentation with speaker notes with the revised information.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You'll need to post all of that information into a new question so that I can move it to the proper category.

If I move this existing question page, then I wouldn't be able to reply to you anymore, which would prevent me from helping with the feedback on the current assignment.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Ryan I asked a new question yesterday but I did not receive a reply yet did you get the question?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

I saw it, and mentioned to one of the category moderators that it should probably be placed in the Writing Homework category. As far as I know, it is currently listed in both Math Homework and Business and Finance Homework.

It might help you get a response if you can edit the question and remove my name from the beginning. That might be causing others to refrain from replying to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok Thanks
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am having trouble removing your name from the question, so I posted another question under the question with your name, but without your name.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok. I hope that you get a reply soon.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks you I hope to hear from someone soon as well, is there anyone that you prefer or can say will do an excellent job with my question?
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Since I don't work on questions in the Writing Homework category, I don't have contact with any of those experts, so I couldn't recommend anyone in particular.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, thank you I may still need you to revise my paper when I receive feedback from my instructor
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still no response is there a guarantee that someone will answer or may no-one want to help
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

No, there's never any guarantee that your question will get a response. It depends on whether there is someone who feels that they are qualified and capable of answering it, whether they have time to complete the necessary work, whether the price is attractive, etc.

Given that it is a weekend, there may be some experts who aren't presently online, who otherwise might be interested in helping you with this.

It's easier said than done, of course, but all I can recommend is patience.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ryan I received a perfect score on my week five assignment, thanks so much!
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Congratulations!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still need my week 6 assignment completed by tomorrow I really need help. I have a presentation to do and I am worried I won't have the assignment.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Have you received any response at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I received a response from Greg but, he is not online and did not respond to my last message.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

Oh. Hopefully you'll hear from him soon. I'm sorry, I understand that waiting can be stressful and frustrating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long do you think it will take for Greg to do a paper, a spreadsheet, and a powerpoint presentation.
Expert:  Ryan replied 10 months ago.

I have no idea. Probably depends on what information he has to work with, and whether he has done something similar that he can use as a foundation.